Electrical Technician / Electrician
We are currently recruiting for 2No Electrical Technicians / Electricians to join our team as we move onto the build of our next tidal turbine. We are looking for individuals who are able to work independently but also as part of a wider team during the construction, installation, operations and maintenance period of the project. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills within a challenging work environment and contribute to the overall success and growth of our world leading technology.
You will be based at our Orkney workshop with travel to fabrication and assembly sites around the UK as necessary. On completion of the build it will be installed at EMEC’s test facility at Fall of Warness, Eday where you will assist in the testing and maintenance operations. Adaptability and a willingness to work in a marine environment is desired. The necessary training will be provided where required.
Your primary duties will be to install, commission, operate and maintain electrical, instrumentation and control systems on board Orbital tidal turbines and their associated systems, supporting Senior Electrical and Control Engineers in their duties.
Ideally the candidate will have some of the following experience:
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of AC and DC systems
- Industrial type installation works
- Working from drawings
- Control and instrumentation systems
- Working to current regulations including BS7671
The candidate should have:
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- An ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Creative, problem solving attitude
- Marine experience desirable, but not essential
Salary will be DOE with an attractive benefits package.
Closing date – Friday 8 February 2019